Trump blames US case surge on protesters; Pilgrims quarantined in Mecca as hajj begins; WHO warns pandemic is “one big wave”, not seasonal. Follow the latest updates
- Covid-19 still accelerating, warns WHO, as restrictions return in Europe
- Twitter limits Donald Trump Jr’s account for posting misinformation
- Clapped out of ICU, dead days later: the secondary impact of Covid-19
- Outbreak in Xinjiang prompts fears of spread inside Uighur camps
- See all our coronavirus coverage
The number of confirmed coronavirus cases in Germany increased by 684 to 206,926, data from the Robert Koch Institute for infectious diseases showed on Wednesday.
The reported death toll rose by six to 9,128, the tally showed.
p class=”block-time published-time”>
In Australia, here is the full story on the women who returned to Queensland from Victoria without self-isolating and have now tested positive to coronavirus:
Related: Queensland on high alert as two women test positive for coronavirus after failing to self-isolate