Daily Mail: Bill Gates slams Trump for blaming other countries like China for coronavirus pandemic – as his wife Melinda says black Americans should get the vaccine first* Microsoft founder Bill Gates said the United States created a ‘vacuum’ with its refusal to work with other countries in the coronavirus response
* He said it was more concerned with ‘trying to cast blame’ than working on a global response to the pandemic
* The billionaire hoped ‘rationality will reappear’ and the U.S. would join with WHO
* Bill and his wife Melinda have donated hundreds of millions of dollars to develop a coronavirus vaccine through their foundation
* Melinda said black Americans should be among the first to receive it
* The couple made the comments at a philanthropy summit hosted by Forbes
Microsoft founder Bill Gates harshly criticized the United States’ response to the coronavirus pandemic saying its refusal to work with other countries has caused a ‘vacuum’ in solving the global problem.
Gates said that the U.S. had been more concerned with ‘trying to cast blame’ for the spread of the virus instead of collaborating with other countries in eradicating it, blasting the ‘inward’ approach the country has taken.
He added that he believed ‘rationality will reappear from someone’ and the U.S. will rejoin the efforts of the World Health Organization, which President Trump said he was withdrawing from earlier this year.
Read more ….
Update: Bill And Melinda Gates Have Sharp Words For U.S.’ Lack Of Leadership Role In Fighting Pandemic (Forbes)
WNU Editor: What Melinda Gates is proposing is not helpful. The ones who should receive the vaccine first are public health officials and workers, followed by those who have medical issues and vulnerabilities, and then followed by the elderly. After that, and only after that, black and indigenous people could be prioritized according to health and medical history, but not be given this vaccine solely based on their skin colour. And as for Bill Gates saying that China should be given a pass when it comes to this pandemic. Absolutely not. China’s behaviour at the beginning of this pandemic has been reprehensible, and they must be held accountable.