A color-coded data map, compiled by spatial analytics company Esri, shows that 23 percent of counties across the US are now seeing an uncontrollable growth in new COVID-19 infections. According to the map, the entire state of Arizona is seeing either epidemic or spreading trends
Daily Mail: Data map reveals the 23% of US counties that are currently seeing an uncontrollable growth in COVID-19 – as new model predicts Phoenix alone could see 28,000 new infections a DAY by July 18* Data map, compiled by spatial analytics company Esri, shows 23% of US counties are seeing an uncontrollable growth in new COVID-19 infections
* Of the 3,141 counties across the country, 745 are currently experiencing an epidemic outbreak and 1,232 are seeing spreading trends, according to the data map
* Infections across the US have been surging for more than a week after trending down for over six weeks
* New coronavirus infections and hospitalizations have been spiking to record levels in states like Arizona, Texas, California and Florida
* As cases continue to rise, forecast models from the PolicyLab at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia predict infections in Phoenix will rise to a staggering 28,000 new cases a day by July 18
* In California, cases have surged nearly 70 percent in just two days. The state reported over 7,100 new cases on Wednesday, up from 4,230 on Sunday
* Los Angeles County now has the most cases of all US counties with more than 85,000 confirmed infections
* Florida’s single-day count surged to 5,500 on Wednesday – a 25% jump from the record of 4,049 on June 20
* In Texas, hospitalizations have doubled and new cases have tripled in two weeks
Twenty three percent of counties across the United States are now seeing an uncontrollable growth in new COVID-19 infections, according to a data map – as model projections show Phoenix could see 28,000 new cases a day by July 18.
A color-coded data map, compiled by spatial analytics company Esri, shows how the US is faring in terms of infections by tracking the number of new COVID-19 cases on a county level.
Updated data from Thursday shows that large parts of the South and Southwest are showing an ‘epidemic trend’ or ‘spreading trend’ for new coronavirus infections.
Read more ….
WNU Editor: Many of these cases are asymptomatic, primarily hitting the young …. Florida is seeing Covid-19 cases skyrocket among young people (CNN). The key is to track hospitalizations, and deaths. It is also important to quarantine the elderly and those with medical conditions.
Update: There is probably a lot of truth to this …. Coronavirus may have infected 10 times more Americans than reported, CDC says (Reuters).
More News On The Covid-19 Pandemic In The U.S.
The coronavirus surge is real, and it’s everywhere — Axios
Texas, at center of new U.S. coronavirus surge, pauses reopening — Reuters
U.S. hits highest single day of new coronavirus cases with more than 45,500, breaking April record — CNBC
Virus cases surge among the young, endangering older adults — AP
Florida’s Governor Doesn’t Plan to Move to Next Phase of Opening — Bloomberg