For the second consecutive day, the US has set a record-high number of coronavirus cases with more than 62,000 new infections reported in a single day (above)
Daily Mail: US coronavirus cases hit a record single-day high for the THIRD day in a row with 63,000 cases – as Florida sees most deaths in a day at 120 with ONE-THIRD of those living around South Beach testing positive* The US set a record-high of more than 63,000 new coronavirus cases on Thursday, breaking the previous single-day record of 62,000 set on Wednesday
* More than 133,000 Americans have died from COVID-19 and 990 of those fatalities were recorded on Thursday, the second-most since the pandemic began
* Florida also reported record-high coronavirus fatalities with 120 deaths, bringing the toll above 4,000, and one-third of those living in Miami-Dade County testing positive
* Deaths, which have been lagging behind surging cases of coronavirus, are now starting to catch up
* Texas set multiple coronavirus records with 9,689 people hospitalized for the virus and 15.6% of test results coming back positive
* Three states, Arizona, Arkansas and California, also reported single-day high for hospitalizations while Florida and Louisiana say their hospitals are nearing capacity
The US has once again set a record-high number of coronavirus cases for the third day in a row, recording more than 63,000 new infections in a single day.
This breaks the previous record set on Wednesday of more than 62,000 and brings the total number of cases to more than 3.1 million.
So far, more than 133,000 Americans have died since the start of the pandemic with 990 deaths recorded on Thursday, the second-highest ever.
Read more ….
Update: U.S. reports record single-day spike of 63,200 new cases of coronavirus (CNBC)
WNU Editor: Yup. The pandemic is far from over …. Coronavirus trend: The pandemic is far from over (DW).