About Mark Ruffalo, and why he should be asked these questions, see here and here.
1. Are you aware that there has been a continuous Jewish presence in the Land of Israel for 3500 years? Are you aware that the Muslim Arabs arrived only in the 7th century?
2. Are you aware that when the League of Nations set up the Mandates system, it not only made provision for several Arab states to be created from their Mandates, but also for one Jewish state to be created from the Mandate for Palestine?
3. Have you read the Mandate for Palestine, which in Article 6 specifically requires the holder of the Mandate, Great Britain, to facilitate Jewish immigration and to “encourage close settlement by Jews on the land”?
4. Are you aware that the League of Nations’ Mandate for Palestine set aside, for inclusion in the territory covered by the Mandate – and that was to become the future Jewish National Home — all the territory from the Golan Heights in the north to the Red Sea in the south, and from the Jordan River in the east to the Mediterranean in the west?
5. Are you aware that the original territory contemplated for the Mandate for Palestine was much larger even than “from the Mediterranean to the sea,” and that 78% of that original territory – all of it east of the Jordan River – was instead handed over to the Hashemite Emir Abdullah to form the Emirate of Transjordan (which is today the Kingdom of Jordan)?
6. Are you aware that there are 22 Arab states, containing an area of more than 13 million square miles? Are you aware that Israel’s area covers only 8,550 square miles, which is far less than one one-thousandth of the area of the 22 Arab states? Do you think that matters?
7. Are you aware that the “Palestinian people” were invented in the late 1960s, in order to transform the Arab-Israeli conflict from one between the gigantic Arab world and tiny Israel, to one far more palatable to the outside world, between “two peoples, each struggling for its homeland”?
8. Are you aware that no Muslim historian, traveller, ambassador, ruler, or cleric ever mentioned the “Palestinian people” for nearly 1,400 years, that is, not until the late 1960s?
9. Are you aware that in 1970 the Palestinian terrorist Zuheir Mohsen, the leader of the As Saiqa terror group, gave an interview to the Dutch newspaper Trouw, in which he declared “The Palestinian people does not exist. The creation of a Palestinian state is only a means for continuing our struggle against the state of Israel for our Arab unity. In reality today there is no difference between Jordanians, Palestinians, Syrians and Lebanese. Only for political and tactical reasons do we speak today about the existence of a Palestinian people, since Arab national interests demand that we posit the existence of a distinct ‘Palestinian people’ to oppose Zionism”?
10. Are you aware that the Hamas Charter calls for the total destruction of the state of Israel? Do you have any comment?
11. Are you aware that two Hamas leaders, Khaled Meshal and Moussa Abu Marzouk, have each amassed fortunes of at least $2.5 billion, diverted from the aid money meant for the Palestinian Arabs? Are you aware that Mahmoud Abbas, the leader of the Palestinian Authority, has with his two sons Tareq and Yasser acquired a business empire worth $400 million, also based on the diversion of aid money? Do you think those sums should be taken into account when we are asked to send aid to “help the poor Palestinians”?
12. Are you aware that in 1949, Israel offered to make the armistice lines into permanent borders, and it was the Arab states that unanimously turned the offer down? And do you realize that that Arab refusal spelled the end of the offer; Israel was under no obligation to revive it?
13. Are you aware that with the 1949 armistice lines, which Arabs want Israel to agree to be squeezed within again, Israel was only nine miles wide at its narrowest waist, between Qalqilya and the sea? Have you considered that an invader from the east could slice Israel in two, in less than an hour, at that waist?
14. Are you aware that when Jordan held East Jerusalem, from 1949 to 1967, the Jordanians destroyed all but two of the 58 synagogues, some of them very ancient, in the Old City? Are you aware that the Jordanians uprooted tens of thousands of tombstones in the Jewish cemetery – the oldest in the world – on the Mount of Olives, and broke them into fragments that were then used to build walls, pave roads, and line the floors of Jordanian army latrines?
15. Are you aware that the Israeli government strictly protects all houses of worship, Christian, Muslim, and Jewish? Did you know that the Israeli government strictly forbids Jews from praying aloud, or even merely moving their lips in silent prayer, on the Temple Mount, and that Jews are forbidden by the Israeli government from bringing any religious tract to the Temple Mount, despite its being the holiest site in Judaism?
16. Are you aware that in his doctoral dissertation, written in Moscow, Mahmoud Abbas was a Holocaust denier? In his 1984 book, based on the dissertation, Abbas dismissed as a “myth” and “fantastic lie” that six million Jews had died in the Holocaust, writing that the real figure of Jews killed by Germans was at most “890,000” or “a few hundred thousand”? The number of such deaths, he claimed, had been exaggerated for political purposes, since “it seems that the interest of the Zionist movement … is to inflate this figure so that their gains will be greater. This led them to emphasize this figure [six million] in order to gain the solidarity of international public opinion with Zionism. Many scholars have debated the figure of six million and reached stunning conclusions — fixing the number of Jewish victims at only a few hundred thousand.” What do you now think of Mahmoud Abbas?
17. Did you know that Mahmoud Abbas in 2018 told a meeting in the West Bank that the reason for the Holocaust was not antisemitism, but that Jews played too big a role in German finance?
18. Are you aware that the Qur’an depicts the Jews as inveterately evil and bent on destroying the well-being of the Muslims? In Robert Spencer’s useful compilation, according to the Qur’an: “The [the Jews] are the strongest of all people in enmity toward the Muslims (5:82); as fabricating things and falsely ascribing them to Allah (2:79; 3:75, 3:181); claiming that Allah’s power is limited (5:64); loving to listen to lies (5:41); disobeying Allah and never observing his commands (5:13); disputing and quarreling (2:247); hiding the truth and misleading people (3:78); staging rebellion against the prophets and rejecting their guidance (2:55); being hypocritical (2:14, 2:44); giving preference to their own interests over the teachings of Muhammad (2:87); wishing evil for people and trying to mislead them (2:109); feeling pain when others are happy or fortunate (3:120); being arrogant about their being Allah’s beloved people (5:18); devouring people’s wealth by subterfuge (4:161); slandering the true religion and being cursed by Allah (4:46); killing the prophets (2:61); being merciless and heartless (2:74); never keeping their promises or fulfilling their words (2:100); being unrestrained in committing sins (5:79); being cowardly (59:13-14); being miserly (4:53); being transformed into apes and pigs for breaking the Sabbath (2:63-65; 5:59-60; 7:166); and more.”
19. Are you aware of what the Qur’an says about Christians? When Christians reject the Qur’an, it is said to be due to unreasonable wickedness and deceit (3:21; 98:6; 5:49; 62:5). Christians are charged with knowingly concealing the fact of the Qur’an’s truth. Questioning the authenticity of the Qur’an proves one’s wickedness (2:146; 3:71; 5:15). Christians are also accused of using deception to proselytise Muslims even to the point of misrepresenting their own scriptures and using seductive tactics that misrepresent Islam (2:120; 3:78; 3:99,100; 4:44; 5:49). Sincere concern for the truth or the eternal welfare of Muslims is never recognised as being a Christian’s true motive for desiring a Muslim’s conversion.
To these are added miscellaneous charges of wickedness. Some Christians will steal if entrusted with money (3:75). Most Christians are wicked in their lifestyles (3:110; 5:59,66; 57:27). Christians have a great hatred for Muslims in their hearts which they deceitfully hide (3:118,119). Christians rejoice when disaster befalls Muslims. They also act toward Muslims with guile (3:120). Christians compete with one another to make illicit profits (5:62). Christian priests don’t forbid their people’s sins and instead commit them themselves (5:63). Christian monks devour wealth wantonly and bar people’s way to the truth (9:34). Christians display pride, enmity and hatred in their factionalism among themselves (5:14; 30:32). Many of these do occur, to our shame. Most of these sins are ones that Jesus Himself condemned, especially concerning the Pharisees. The most serious aspect of these is that they are presented as the normal way of life for Christians, not as the exceptions.
To these are added accusations that Christians teach perverse doctrines. Christ’s Sonship is the prime example (9:30). Christians made a prophet out to be their Lord, ascribing deity to him, committing the supreme blasphemy (3:79,80; 4:48,171; 5:17; 9:31). Any reference to the Trinity is included in this. Christians disobey their own Book, stress falsehoods in their religion, and exaggerate in their teaching (5:66,77; 4:171). Monasticism and saint worship are condemned (57:27; 9:31). Before Muhammad came, Christians were lost in error. Islam and the Qur’an are the only remedies (98:1).
20. Finally, Mark Ruffalo: Are you aware that the Qur’an describes Muslims as “the best of peoples” (3:110) and non-Muslims as “the worst of created beings” (98:6)? And does that worry you, the way it worries us?